Personal Property

This claims information is for Soldiers, Department of the Army civilian employees, and Department of Defense civilian employees whose personal property was lost or damaged incident to their service.

The most common type of claim is for loss or damage to household goods and personally owned vehicles during a PCS move. For other losses, such as during temporary duty or in the workplace, please contact our office at (703) 696-0761 to determine whether your loss is covered, and whether you are required to file with your private insurance company prior to filing a claim with an Army claims office.

Operating Hours: We are open for walk-in service from 0800-1300 hours, Monday-Friday (excluding holidays). Appointments are available from 1400-1530 hours.

If our office is closed due to training, ceremonies, etc., claimants with household goods, POV shipments, or other personnel claims can fax their documents to (703) 696-2181, or scan and e-mail them to Please ensure your fax header or other document clearly shows your name and daytime contact information. We recommend you also leave a voicemail at (703) 696-0761 so that we can verify for you that we received your documents.

What are my options for filing a household goods claim?

How do I file for Full Replacement Value for my household goods?

How do I file with an Army claims office for my household goods?

How do I file a claim for damage to my POV in shipment?

What are other situations for which I can file a claim with the Army?

How do I file a claim online with the Army (PCLAIMS)?

DD Form 1842 Fillable (PDF File)

DD Form 1844 Fillable (PDF File)

Electronic Repair Form