Personal Property

This claims information is for Soldiers, Department of the Army civilian employees, and Department of Defense civilian employees whose personal property was lost or damaged incident to their service.

The most common type of claim is for loss or damage to household goods and personally owned vehicles during a PCS move. For other losses, such as during temporary duty or in the workplace, please contact our office at (703) 696-0761 to determine whether your loss is covered, and whether you are required to file with your private insurance company prior to filing a claim with an Army claims office.

The US Army’s personal property claims system has been consolidated at Fort Knox to process Soldiers' claims of personal property losses incident to government service - the Center for Personnel Claims Support (CPCS).  The new CPCS was operational on 5 July 2017, and processes all claims of Soldiers and employees in CONUS, Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. 

All CONUS personnel must file their HHGs claims electronically with the CPCS at  There claimants can find more information on how to file a claim (to include the trifold on the A,B,C's of Claims), or call the Center at 1-502-626-3000 or DSN 536-3000 with questions.  You also can contact CPCS by email at:  

Additional links to Fort Knox's CPCS’ filing aids are at:

Finally, you can make a complaint about the carrier by sending a message to:

SJA Commmand Links